Yes, many are chick flicks that I love, but they say movies teach you something through the stories of other people’s lives. Many below are not appropriate for um, more religious audiences as they contain mature subject matter, language, scenes, and the like. Here are my favorite picks:
1. Mona Lisa Smile (2003). I love Julia Roberts, what can I say. Especially in this role.
2. The Jane Austen Book Club (2007). I really identified with the chick who got married six times.
3. Guys and Dolls (1955). Marlon Brando. That’s all I can say. Swish.
4. Funny Girl (1968). If you can get past her singing, I see a lot of my old life in her.
5. I’m With Lucy (2002). I really like Barri.
6. Just Like Heaven (2005). LOVE Reese, and Marc. Meaning of life.
7. Bedazzled (2000). Brendan is dorky hunk. Love the moral of this story. Be yourself.
8. When Harry Met Sally (1989). Love Meg Ryan. Life is unexpected.
9. The Secret Life of Bees (2008). How sweet is life when viewed with yellow coloured glasses.
10. 13 Going on 30 (2004). Love Jennifer Gardner. I think I’m still 13, but learning to be 30s.
11. Along Came Polly (2004). I’m Ben Stiller in this movie. Yup. Germophobe who needs to loosen up.
12. A Jihad For Love (2007). I’m better able to empathize with the struggle of gay Muslims. Insha’Allah.
13. He’s Just Not That Into You (2009). Best line is that the best one you can find, is yourself. Ameen.
and more to be collected… insha’Allah.