My Top List of Must Reads: Guaranteed To Change Your Life, insha’Allah. Some are full eVersions below:
1. Difficult Conversations: how to discuss what matters most by Bruce Patton et al. (helps with conflicts)
2. Co-Active Coaching by Laura Whitworth (to empower and encourage)
3. Crisis Intervention Handbook: Assessment, Treatment & Research by Albert R. Roberts (as used at distress centre)
4. Diversity & Motivation: culturally responsive teaching in college by Margery Ginsberg & Ray Wlodkowski (change your life)
5. Developing Helping Skills: a step-by-step approach by Valerie Chang et al.
6. Thinking About Memoir by Abigail Thomas (how I write this blog)
7. Uncle Orson’s Writing Class* by Orson Scott Card, author of Ender’s Game, top selling author (start your fiction!)
8. Women Who Love Too Much by Robin Norwood (changed the way I look at myself, men, and my relationship with them)
9. Stronger Day By Day: reflections for healing & rebuilding after divorce by Susan Pease Gadoua
10. Nice Girls Don’t Get the Corner Office by Lois P. Frankel, PhD
11. The List: 7 Ways To Tell If He’s Going to Marry You in 30 Days or Less by Mary Corbett et al.
12. The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Understanding Islam by Yahiya Emerick (great book on basics, please excuse the title).
13. The Bible, The Quran and Science by Dr. Maurice Bucaille (I have yet to read this but heard it’s good. My apologies in advance if there is anything offensive to my faithful readers).
14. The Brain In Love by Dr. Daniel G. Amen (basically, it takes two years for you to know if it’s the real thing)
15. Why Men Marry B*tches by Sherry Argrov (awesome, awesome book on boundaries)
16. Calling in “The One” by Katherine Woodward* Thomas (gonna read this to fulfill this saying: Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all of the barriers within yourself that you have built against it. –A Course in Miracles)
17. Relationship videos from Today Show like:
a) Can You Change Your Partner
b) Start Over Smart: Divorce Expo for Newly Single
c) How To Avoid Marriage Pitfalls
d) Committed Couples Stay Together- By Living Apart
e) Why Second and Third Marriages Fail
f) Newlyweds: Overcome Stress Hurdles
g) Can You Be Happy With Your Emotional Opposite?
h) Unload Your Emotional Baggage
18. “The Rules of ‘Normal’ Eating“, by Karen Koenig
19. “Unspeakable Losses: understanding the experience of pregnancy loss, miscarriage and abortion”, by Kim Kluger- Bell
20. “How to say no without feeling guilty”, by Patti Breitman
21. “You Have No Idea”, by Vanessa Williams*
22. “Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man”, by Steve Harvey*
23. Drawing Words Writing Pictures by Jessica Abel and Matt Madden (the book that taught me how to express words through pictures, and using pictures to illustrate words. A must read for anyone wanting to build comic story telling. A full course via book).
24. Marry Him: The Case for Settling for Mr. Good Enough*, by Lori Gottlieb (reading May 9 2012) as recommended by Search4aSoulMate, alhumdulillah
25. “The Color Code, A New Way To See Yourself, Your Relationships, and Life” by Taylor Hartman
27. “Committed”, Elizabeth Gilbert, author of “Eat Pray Love” (awesome read, changing my life already)
* Full eVersion of Book Available