But you know, since I love a challenge, I will attempt this in 30 minutes or more:
1. Five Ways To Win Your Heart: This one kinda took me by surprise. I’m trying to win myself over first. So far, I have wooed me with i) Patience When I Tumble ii) Forgiveness When I Flop Up iii) Soothe Self When Catastrophe Hits iv) Spoil Self With Random Cheap Things At Value Village v) Date Myself Regularly (including $3 movies like Amazing Spiderman)
2. Something You Feel Strongly About: kids rights to play, be protected, and profess who they are.
3. A Book You Love: Hmm….. ‘Ender’s Game’ by Orson Scott Card.
4. Bullet Your Whole Day: my interpretation of this is to be more steely instead of shaky
5. Things You Want To Say To An Ex: woooo… well, in short, “No, I’m not that way. And yes, it is okay for me to ask for what I want.” Then proceed to smack with frying pan.
6. Your Views on Mainstream Music: LOVE. Flash Mob to Kelly Clarkson’s “Stronger”. I WISH!
7. Five Pet Peeves: really, only? i) People who chew with their mouth open so loudly I can literally picture what is going on in their mandibular ii) Perverts on the bus who grope me for fun. Eww. iii) Strangers who stare at me long enough to melt my hijab iv) Really. Bad. Customer. Service v) Disrespectful douchies with bad breath enough to clear out the city.
8. What You Ate Today: i) Muffin from Planet Organic. Yums! ii) Vietnamese Subs with Veggie Ham. Yum! iii) Curry chickpeas over Chinese Fried Rice. Fusion! iv) Roommates Birthday Cake that is apparently 10cm high. Woo!
9. How Important You Think Education Is: Well, duh. Hmmm… if it’s free, great. Otherwise, it is a slow painful process to go through both mentally and financially. Personally, I think it should be all free instead of further marginalizing certain socioeconomic classes.
10. Ten Songs Shuffled Through iPod (hopefully this is not embarrassing):
i) “Barbara Streisand”, Duck Sauce. And yes, I crave Peking Duck whenever I artist name this in my head
ii) “Rocketeer” by Far East Movement feat. Ryan Tedder. Boo yah!
iii) “Love Song” by Sara Bareilles. I have been craving her tunes lately
iv) “Losing My Way” by Justin Timberlake
v) “Uninvited” by Alanis Morissette, City of Angels Soundtrack
vi) “What Makes You Beautiful” by One Direction. Yes, I’m still not sick of this song.
vii) “Lonely Girl” by Pink
viii) “Turning Tables” by Adele
ix) “Wait For You” by Elliott Yamin. Whatever did happen to this guy. Love his voice.
x) “Gotta Be Somebody” by Nickelback
11. Your family: love them, they drive me a bit bonkers, but all in all they made me who I am and I couldn’t ask God for a more interesting combination of strength, humor, and resiliency. Alhumdulillah. Masha’Allah.
12. Five guys whom you find attractive: skip
13. My Opinion of My Bod and How Comfy I Amz: well, the other day, I was lamenting to my roomie that I have gained some pudge, and she agreed (which I later told her is a big roommate no, no. Darn cultural differences). But I turned around, and hugged my pudge, and loved the pudgey me. So fudge or no fudge, I’m getting better at accepting me.
14. What You Wore Today: Black. On a 27 degree weather day. With teal. I love teal. I wish I could wear it everyday. It makes me feel Bollywood
15. My Zodiac/ Horoscope: Despite not being able to really identify with this, I often do.
16. Something I Always “What If” About: EVERYTHING. Yes, this is the nature of my mind. I ‘what if’ the bejeezes out of everything to the point of no or little enjoyment. Oh yes.
17. Something That You’re Proud Of: going to the gym more than twice in two months. Woo!
18. A Problem That I Have Had: Too many. Juggling time is my toughest one. I’m still learning this one. And well, finding part-time work. Eesh.
19. Five Items I Lust After: i) Hello Kitty Diamond Ring. Yes, I know it doesn’t exist anymore. But I can dream. ii) Hmm… this one is taking a while. A Car Maybe? But not the gas prices iii) Long T-Shirts That Cover My Arse When Working Out. It’s like, really, only one? I need at least two iv) Fairy Wings. Tis the Season to be Trick or Treating. v) Can’t think of a fifth
20. My Fears: HAHAHA… 30 minutes won’t cover it. But basically, being so poor I end up on the street with no one to care about me or to love me except for a cardboard box that I decorate with plastic flowers that blow off every 30 minutes.
21. How I Hope My Future Will Be Like: peaceful, in love with life, and successful financially, personally, academically, socially, religiously, and so forth for me and all I care about. Ameen.
22. Your Academics: ah yes, I’m starting an Into to Counselling Course online next week. Eek!
23. Something That You Miss: feeling secure
24. Five words/ phrases that make you laugh: Um…. anything involving kittens, Sheldon, the Office, and King of Queens
25. Something you’re currently worried about: supporting myself financially; finding a great second job with awesome colleagues and boss; not angering people in my life; and the list goes on
26. Things I Like and Dislike About Myself: when my strengths become weaknesses. Like I’m efficient, adaptable, prepare, but that can also mean doing too much, creating too many options for myself, and overthinking.
27. A Quote You Try to Live By: ‘verily you are not a true believer until you want for others what you want for yourself’
28. Somewhere I Would Like To Visit (but not move to): Vancouver, BC Canada. Sushi. Sunshine. Seashore. Woo!
29. Five Weird Things That I Like: i) chicken feet. But like, I can’t have them anymore ii) Duck neck. Mmmm… iii) Escargots iv) Cow stomach v) I can’t think of anything else that’s as gross
30. One Thing You’re Excited For: a chance to reunite with those I love
What are some of yours?
P.S. I will be on a hiatus Oct 2- 11th possibly longer due to catch-up of reading all your fabulous blogs and school .